Monday, July 09, 2007

First mission accomplished

Weather: Isolated Thunderstorm
Temperature: 26°


My plan for today was to walk around Shanghai city, familiarize with the public transport system and most important of all: find out the location of the 2 legal firms which I will be going for interview next week.

I bought a map for RMB 5 (Bom later told me I could have got it cheaper) and started my adventure.

As I have said before if you know how to read Chinese, the road signs here are much better than Malaysia. Navigating with the help of the map was not difficult.

I managed to find the first legal firm, Lehman Lee & Xu within half an hour. It was located in Shanghai Kerry Centre at a busy road called Nanjing West Road which is a happening road.




Shanghai Kerry Centre





Main Entrance



Lobby



Lehman Lee & Xu


Mm… nice building. The interior was nice too. Ok, once I recorded how to get there I continued searching for the next legal firm, TransAsia Lawyers.

TransAsia Lawyers is quite far from Lehman Lee & Xu though from the map, it seems very near. It took me nearly an hour to walk to Taicang Road and found this building called “Platinum” which houses TransAsia Lawyers.



Platinum




Main Entrance


Lobby



TransAsia Lawyers


Once inside “Platinum” I was blocked by security guard. I didn’t blame him. The way I dressed, I looked like a Hawaiian tourist in an office building. Any security guard worth his salt would have blocked me. But I explained myself out. I said I was there for an interview. With Hawaiian dress code?? He didn’t believe me of course. But when I managed to tell him there’s a legal firm called TransAsia on 10th floor, he hesitated. I took this opportunity to walk into the lift and when he finished hesitating, I had already gone up to 10th floor.

I have never worked in an office building before though I always fantasize myself working in one. Now let’s see whether I am given the chance now.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in your journey Toh. Don't forget a round of Teh Tarik for all of us if your interview Berjaya-LAH.

Jia Thiam

10 July 2007 at 00:45  
Blogger Unknown said...

All the best for your interview! Gambate!

10 July 2007 at 08:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The workplace looks really grand and nice. Afterall it's Shanghai right?

Just wondering if they willingly let you snap the pics or you did it without their knowledge? (Afterall you were in your Hawaii suit, hahaha!)

Timmy

10 July 2007 at 09:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff, niann. I feel like i am there with ya.. except i probably would have look decent enough to get in with no security issue... just kiddin' bro.

10 July 2007 at 13:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuyohhh..

Someone got an interview in a skyscraper overlooking shanghai city! Am so, so, sooooo frenzy about it !

It's like being in Tokyooooo¬.. where land valued in shanghai is almost close to Tokyo, or has it overtaken? The last i know 1 square feet in Ginza is about RM250,000 ..(way back 4 years)


Azjah azjah!

10 July 2007 at 13:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Toh!

Have no idea where to voice my opinion so I chose here. Can put in at Chatbox? It'll be easier for us to chat. Who knows you might see Choy Kee Blat writting mssg on it ^ ^

Jia Thiam

11 July 2007 at 01:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOH

祝你面試成功..加油

ng,lee & jane

11 July 2007 at 13:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter