Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My first Starbucks in China

Temperature: 25 c

Weather: Clear


Did I mention that locals drink Starbucks in my earlier article?

Today, I just had the opportunity to taste my first Starbucks in Shanghai. It was about 2 something in the evening and my secretary suddenly came into my room and asked me what I wanted to order. What? “I am going to Starbucks now, what you want?” she said. It looked like she was buying Starbucks for the whole company and was asking around. I told her I wanted Mocha Ice Blended. In case you don’t know, Ice Blended is called “星冰乐” in Mandarin.

Half an hour later, I had my first taste of Starbucks. How much was it? “Oh, it’s on the office” my secretary told me. What? I guess that was part of the benefit of working for a big company, you have free Starbucks once in a while.

If you are curious about the price of Starbucks here, it’s around RMB35 to RMB40 per cup. Yes, I will Not walk into Starbucks and spend this much of money on a cup of coffee unless it is totally unavoidable or absolutely necessary.

p/s:-

There will not be any new article tomorrow because I will have to work until 1 am in the morning. Everything is a trade off, you get to drink free Starbucks, but the price is working your butt off until the wee hour.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor son,
Ask yr. wife to get u some Chinese herbs to keep you awake and feel fresh if not u will get wearoff v soon.
�A�Q is something good for you. Hope this thing is not too expensive in Shanghai.


from mum

12 September 2007 at 20:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

爸said put petrol and put more petrol.Pls read this in Chinese.

12 September 2007 at 20:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nian,
Croco here, not sure if you will get my comments, but we are all watching you...do us proud.

Cheers !!!
Er Yee ( Penang )

12 September 2007 at 21:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and nobody knows i used to work till 3am when i have two jobs in LA... *sobs*

13 September 2007 at 01:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steven,

We all care but in a different way...in our heart :)

You wouldn't want KPC ( Kay Poh Chee) aunty to bug you guys right ?

Sorry Nian...I use your blog to get to Steven....

Cheers guys... you are all grown up ...mskes us feel soooooo OLD.

Er Yee
Penang

13 September 2007 at 20:39  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter