Monday, June 30, 2008

杜评委,您好

Weather: Cloudy
Temperature: 27 c

Last Friday (27th June), despite the heavy downpour, the bilingual speech competition went on smoothly. As I have said before, I was one of the judges and performers.

I doubt I would have this kind of experience in Malaysia. The contestants are qualified lawyer or notary public. Yet, they all addressed me as “杜评委” or “杜老师”. Of course I was not comfortable with my newly given title.

Initially, I was scheduled to give my comments, but due to time constraint, the organizer had to cut off some of the programs to let everyone goes home early. So, I was not given the chance to give my “two Renminbi” worth of comment. Nevertheless, I still had the chance to satisfy my itchy backside of performing on stage. Further, I was rewarded with nominal cash payment as a token of appreciation. 主任 said he will visit me at my office one of these days to personally thank me for my contribution.

Please click here to see the video footage. Here are some of the photos taken on that day.

主任 and me



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter