Friday, July 13, 2007

浪奔浪流

Weather: Cloudy
Temperature:31°


许文强 walked drunkenly out from Paramount 百乐门. He sensed something amiss but he walked out nevertheless.

Outside Paramount, his enemies had set up an ambush. When 许文强 walked to his car, he was shot by a firing squad. He was murdered in front of Paramount.

That was a scene from the classic Hong Kong series上海滩. I watched it when I was about 8 years old and I remember it till now. 许文强 was played by Chow Yun-Fatt.

许文强

This evening I had this opportunity to stand before Paramount where 许文强 was assassinated. Not only had I the opportunity to visit Paramount, I went to the famous and magnificent 外滩 (the Bund) too.


I was there 2 years ago. But then I was just another tourist being hauled there by tour agent. Today, I was on my own. The feeling is very different. I felt closer to the heart of Shanghai. This is the Shanghai I knew since I was very young.

Opposite the Bund is 东方明珠, the landmark of Shanghai.

While watching 黄浦江 and appreciating its strength and energy, I heard this song played in my mind. This long forgotten song called 上海滩.

浪奔浪流
万里涛涛江水永不休
淘尽了 世间事
混作滔滔一片潮流
是喜是愁
浪里分不清欢笑悲忧
成功失败 浪里看不出有未有
爱你恨你 问君知否
似大江一发不收
转千弯 转千滩 亦未平复始终争斗
又有喜又有愁
就算分不清欢笑悲忧
仍愿翻 百千浪
在我心中起伏够

Facing this gigantic and vibrant 黄浦江, I appreciate the lyric of the song more. Suddenly I felt so humble and small. 面对这浑身是劲的黄浦江以及曾在这里发生的历史, 自己是多渺小啊! 世间所有烦恼, 有哪些是这江水淘不去的吗?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to Shanghai 3 years ago with a party of friends, when we were in the bund, this song came into our mind. Also not forgetting of gaining 5kg after the trip, i think Toh should start telling us how's the food in China being prepared. ^^

Harley

16 July 2007 at 21:41  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter