Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The best place on earth

Temperature: 29 c
Weather: Cloudy


I had a funny dream. In my dream I was working in my office until my heart nearly went into shock. I had deadlines to chase and dozens of memos to answer. I was suffocating. I needed a break.

When my heart and brain almost quitted on me, I vaguely saw a green genie appeared in front of me. He walked slowly to me, patted my shoulder and said, “Brother, you need fresh air. Why are you here? It’s midnight, go home.”

I told him I couldn’t because I still had tons of things to do half of which were already behind schedule.

“Brother, ok, since you are not able to go home and have to work so hard, I will realize your dreams. Tell me what you want and I will make your dreams come true.” Genie said.

“You mean 1 dream or many dreams?” I was slowly getting excited.

“As many dreams as you like.” Genie said.

“Ok, then, let me think, emm… I am tired of working long hours, please give me a job which I would work exactly 9 to 5, 5 days a week.” That was my first request.

“Granted. Anything else?” Genie asked.

“Emm… ok ok. Let me think… oh oh, I am tired of being called by the boss to come to work on urgent matters on Saturdays and Sundays, please make sure my job doesn’t need me to face with my boss on office matter after working hours and definitely not on weekends.”

“Understood and granted. Anything else?”

“Emmm… Ok ok, I am tired of taking the public transport. It was packed every time and I had to walk for a great distance to reach the bus stand. So, give me a car so I could drive to work and to other places during leisure time.” My mind was going wild!

“Ok, reasonable, granted! Anything else?” Genie said.

“Ar… My current rental is too expensive and my room is so small! Give me a place where I don’t have to pay rental while the space of my room is extra spacious!” Now I was demanding.

“Sure, why not. Anything else?”

“Ok ok. I am sick of the food here. It’s tasteless and oily. I want Bak Kut Teh, nasi lemak, prawn mee, roti canai, satay, char kuey tiau, tomyam, asam laksa, and ayam rendang!”

“Yeap, I agree with you, good food is important. What else you want?” Genie asked.

“I guess that’s all. Please make it all comes true. I want to end the torture. Then I will be living in the best place on earth. I will have nothing to complain about!” I almost sounded like begging.

“Ok, sure I will make all your wishes come true. Don’t worry. Now, close your eyes. When you open your eyes, all your wish will come true.”

I closed my eyes as instructed. I indistinctly heard the genie mumbling “mali mali hung! mali mali hung!”. After a few seconds, the genie said, “you may open your eyes now.”

I slowly opened my eyes and realized I was laying on my King size bed in my house in Klang and Engtee was waking me up furiously as I was late for work at Eric Yap & Associates.



.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice dream :P So kinda miss Klang now huh?!?
Have a nice day!

26 September 2007 at 09:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if life is so miserable over there, do u think u had made the right decision of leaving yr home country ? Well, it;s nice to be young,you can afford to make mistake and change the route if u r not happy.Lafe is too comfortable in yr own land, that is not a young guy's life. You will definitely be spoilt and leading a meaningless life if u stay back here. Well, let's pray together and hoping that yr. co. will not get so many jobs in near future so that y can have time to breath.

mum

26 September 2007 at 14:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I think this job just to be your stepping stone, it's not always easy to make a first step. While gaining your experiences i believe you can hoop for another dream job in China.

Harley

26 September 2007 at 17:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Harnniann,

u got my email? too busy to reply?
Anyway, reply me when u got time ah... don't treat it as junk mails

26 September 2007 at 23:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean seriously, if you see some kind of a genie and thats all you wish for? Then you are a small-timer that needs to stay in Klang and be content with whatever Eric was paying you.
But my gut feeling is, you are a big-timer with a much bigger dream than being able to eat bak-kut teh all the time, whom needs to work his way up in one of the world's fastest booming city.

"Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be."~Charles "Tremendous" Jones.

nice entry, but try not to worried mommy.

27 September 2007 at 03:56  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter