Thursday, December 20, 2007

Welcome to the club!

Weather: Fair
Temperature: 14 c


I really wish I was there.

There are events in our lives which we really wish we were there – my great pal Bom’s wedding was certainly one of them.

Bom was the third king among the 4 heavenly kings to get married. I was the first, then Lan Tat, then Bom. Borrowing the words of my former boss, Bom has been inducted into the Married Men Club without knowing the rules and regulations.

Fate must have played us both. Almost a year ago, Bom was not able to attend my wedding and be my best man in Malaysia because he was in China. A year later, I couldn’t attend his wedding and be his best man because I was in China. 2 great buddies who failed to attend each other’s wedding. He was not in my wedding photo album, and I was not in his.

Fate also must have played tricks on us both. Bom and I were classmates while our respective wives were also classmates. Bom has chosen his future in China while I later followed suit. I must admit that without Bom’s selfless assistance during the initial period of my stay in China, things would have been 10 times harder.

Bom and Stella, I am not sure you will be reading this because probably now you are enjoying your honeymoon in Bali. This article is specially dedicated to both of you, newly married couple. Bom and Stella, we have walked together the path of growing up, now together, we will walk together in China into the future. “不管世界尽头多寂寞,你的身边一定有我,我们说过不管天高地厚!” – 信乐团.


When a man holds his lover's hands before wedding - it is passion

When a man holds his lover's hands on the wedding - it is formality

When a man holds his lover's hands after wedding - it is self-defence


Good luck brother!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Ah BOOM and Stella!you are such a lovely couple and finally....tied the knot :) really happy for both of you. Too bad we cant be there as well....

From down under, we wish you both a blisfull marriage life AND Have an awesome journey ahead & Life happily ever afterrr...

note: sorry niann, borrow your blog to congratulate them, hehe. :)
Hope to see you all soon.

MERRY XMAS!

21 December 2007 at 05:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter