Monday, November 19, 2007

In the end, it doesn't even matter

Weather: Fog
Temperature: 10 c

The temperature was 9 degree Celsius. If not for the feather jacket 羽绒服 which I had bought in the evening, I would have been frozen to death. This must be the coldest concert I have ever attended.

Before we went into the stadium, there were many people selling “yellow bull tickets” (literal translation from Chinese 黄牛票). The RMB 200 tickets were sold at RMB 260. Some even offered to buy our tickets at very high price. The free tickets given to us were worth RMB 800 each, we could have easily sold our tickets and made a few thousands RMB easily, but the charm of Linkin Park way out-valued the few thousands RMB.


I could only take photos with my handphone as we were not allowed to bring in digital cameras. Our seats were on the football field: not too near or too far from the stage, just nice. Though we were given chairs, everyone stood on it.

One thing I loved about Linkin Park concert was that they were there purely for music: no funny costumes or cheesy dancers, only 1.5 hours of solid music. I really enjoy the music, especially the voice of the lead singer, it was so volatile that I was unsure whether he was a rock singer or a pop singer, because he could do both perfectly.

Linkin Park is not about electric guitars, techno, and drums. Its music is full of energy, hatred, anger, love, freedom, rebel and defiance. I am never a dancer but I realized my whole body was dancing in harmony with the rhythm of the percussion as if every cell in me was appreciating the songs. It made me wonder why I simply gave up music. But then again, after tonight, I realized that music was never too far from my life. I am blessed with the skill of playing guitar, and I should not let that skill go wasted. Between reading lengthy contracts and playing guitar, I could easily tell which one I like more.

I just came back from the concert. The blast of the speakers has left some effects on my ears. The songs are still lingering. I am certain it will go into my dream and disturb my sleep. Oh, speaking of sleeping, I just realized tomorrow is Monday. Who loves Monday? The definition of Monday is: forget about whatever good or bad shits you just had during the weekend and crawl back to the place which you hate to be but nevertheless have to be.

Time to sleep, cheerio!


.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter