Monday, July 07, 2008

TOH is HOT

Weather: Sunny

Temperature: 38 c (ooh... I am melting!)


Ok, enough of liwat meliwat in Malaysian politics. Today I will leave the sodomites alone. Allow me to briefly write about something else in Shanghai. The heat

The outdoor temperature now is 38 c (though yesterday the weather forecast predicted that the maximum temperature was 37 c), and it will not get any better. Summer has arrived and is here to stay until early October. Did I say I prefer summer over winter? I am sorry but I wish to retract my earlier statement – taking the cue from the now missing private investigator.

You may think “What lar, Harnniann. Malaysia lagi panas!”. Sorry, you are wrong. Last night it was 27 c in KL, and 32 c in Shanghai. Yes, 32 c at night! Can you believe that?! I have to take a shower before I go to bed, and Engtee has to take shower before she goes to bed and also while halfway sleeping. We were soaked in our own sweat. I have no choice but to walk naked in my apartment. At night, if you listen carefully, you can actually hear the drop of your sweat on the floor.

This morning, I could not walk to my office anymore. I was pretty sure that I would die halfway. When I walked out of my apartment’s lobby, I felt like as if thousands of hair dryers were blowing at me. Engtee called me to advise me to take taxi instead. We all know what is Engtee’s stand on taking taxi – it is a horrendous sin. Yet, she advised me to take a taxi to the office; so you can imagine how hot it must be.

Together with the heat, come the crazy mosquitoes. I don’t have to tell you how irritating these mosquitoes are.

After I complained to my office manager about the unbearable heat in the office, I was given a “private” portable mini air-cond. See the picture below.


According to my colleagues, I should not complain about the heat because I am from Malaysia. True, Malaysia is a “hot” country. But what my colleagues do not know is: in Malaysia, I drove to work. So I did not feel the bite of the morning sunshine. I usually took lunch in a air-conditioning restaurant. When I came out from my office after working hour, the sun has already set and the air was no longer hot. But in Shanghai, the temperature can go as high as 32 c even at night!

Maybe I am spoilt by the spring…Ooh, how I miss the cool breeze…


Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Shindy said...

WE are freezing cold here in down under :) I couldnt agree with you more, Summer is worse, here it will hit 45 degree.

7 July 2008 at 19:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toh,
welcome to summer, your tempreture reminds me about Dubai when winter comes, so now u can imagine how summer is going to be in Middle East ~ ^^ Enjoy.

Harley

7 July 2008 at 19:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shindy,

If Shanghai hits 45 c, please come to the police station to bail me out, because I will walk naked to the office...

7 July 2008 at 21:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just turn the AC on at night..

7 July 2008 at 23:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can;t imagine Shnaghai can be that hot.I doubt we shd go there this Sept.
From Mum.

7 July 2008 at 23:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, mum, dont worry.

I am sure your hotel has air-cond

8 July 2008 at 14:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter