Monday, July 23, 2007

First Night in Beijing

Weather: Fair

Temperature: 31°
As I am striking the keyboard, my laptop is playing “One Night in Beijing” by Shin.

Wow! I am in the capitol of China! This historical city called Beijing.

I just checked into Tzan’s apartment. Tzan is a Malaysian lawyer who now works in Beijing. My friend and former classmate Denning helped me to arrange this accommodation so that I could save cost on hotels. They said, you rely on your friends when you are out of your house, that’s so true.

Well, I am not going write much now. I have to check out this apartment then later start combing this city to look for food.

Oh, I have just come out from my first interview in Beijing. It was my first time seeing someone holding a cardboard with my name on it when I stepped into the arrival hall of Beijing International Airport. The driver chauffeured me straight to the office where I had 2 and half hours interview. Again, it was not an “interview”, the partner was not interested to dig my background. He just wanted to chat with me, about anything. He loved talking and we talked a lot. 2 and a half hour later, we said goodbye to each other. “Wait for my news, I will come back to you next week.” the partner said. So I left the office without knowing whether I am hired or not. But suspense is good. It makes life more interesting. At least I have something to look forward to next week.

Ok, I shall sign off now. Time to find out what Beijing has to offer.

Stay tuned!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter