Saturday, July 28, 2007

Blogging at 39,000 feet above sea level

First time using a laptop in a plane. It's kinda cool. What is nicer is no one is sitting next to me. I requested for a window seat and I got one without anyone sitting beside me. So I have all the liberty to do whatever I want. The only downside is there is no one to chat with now.

I want to talk about "new" Harnniann. Yup, the new Harnniann. The old Harnniann sort of vanished the moment Harnniann decided to come to China. People change when they come to a new place. People need to adapt to a new environment to continue surviving. It is more a necessity than a choice.

The old Harnniann didn't wear G2000, the new one does. The old Harnniann didn't use perfume, the new one does. The old Harnniann didn't know what MSN is all about but the new one does. The old Harnniann looked at life this way: wake up, work, go home, sleep and waiting for another "wake up". The new Harnniann looks at life this way: SHIT! The world is too damn big to stay at home! Peking Duck is delicious! The old Harnniann had dreams but nevertheless buried them. The new one starts dreaming and confidently lives his dream.

It is amazing to realise your potentials. To know what you are capable of. I didn't know I would travel alone. I always thought that I needed a mate. That was a big sudden turn for me. I steered away from the highway I had been using for years and exited to a new frontier.

The feeling is like: you bought a LRT ticket to Wangsa Maju. You planned to go to Wangsa Maju. But something strikes you half way and without some rational reasons, you step out from the LRT train at KLCC. Initially you are scared cause you have never been to KLCC. You doubt your decision. That always happen when you take a sudden turn. But nevertheless, you find your courage and keep on walking. A few minutes later you reach the basement of Suria KLCC and you are amazed. "Why didn't I know this place?" you ask yourself. You keep on walking. Next you reach the outdoor park. This time, you are overwhelmed. You are so glad that you made this decision to exit at KLCC.

This is the whole essence of taking a sudden turn. You walk into the unknown for better or wost. All you know is if you don't do it this time, you will regret. But you don't know for sure where you get the courage and what exactly prompted you to jump out of the highway.
p/s: I am now in Malaysia, so there will be no indication of China's weather and temperature.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter