Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lee, What the heck are you talking about?

Weather: Fair
Temperature: 12 c

I was not in a good mood today. I am really pissed off actually. I just could not really concentrate on my work properly.

Why? Because I bumped into very sad news: “BN is government, Lee Chong Wei said”. Please click here to read the full story. Thanks Yeechee, for alerting me. Yes, we are talking about the Malaysia's No. 1 badminton player.

What the heck is wrong with him? Please don’t get me wrong. I am not criticizing him for supporting BN (though I really hate him for that) for the same reason that I should not be criticized for not supporting BN. That is his personal choice because when he walks to the ballot box, it is only between him and his conscience. I respect that.

What I really cannot tahan is his understanding of democracy (or lack of it) . He must be aware that he is not just another ah beng selling DVDs in the hawker centre. He is also definitely not just a badminton coach in a primary school. He is someone Malaysians idolized, for he possesses special skill: when he is on form, he could really kick the Chinese badminton team’s asses. In other words, his words carry certain weight.

When an ah beng says “MCA represents all Malaysian Chinese”, we can forgive him and brush it off by saying he is boh thak cek. But when someone like Lee Chong Wei says, “我为国家服务,国阵也是政府” (literal translation: I am serving the country, BN is also the government), we really can’t easily forgive such inaccurate and irresponsible statement.

If you still have no idea what is wrong with his statement, allow me to tell you: BN is BN, Malaysian government is Malaysian government, they are 2 different concepts and referring to 2 different things. I really don’t know why Lee Chong Wei could get this wrong, since he is so good in badminton.

I was once elected as the chairman of the Drama Club, and I did quite ok. When my term as chairman expires and there is another election, can my supporters say: we must support the club and the chairman, so we must support Harnniann? Can’t they tell Harnniann and chairman of the Drama Club are two different things? One refers to an individual and one refers to a position. Yes, as members of Drama Club, we must support our club and chairman, but when it comes to election of chairman, we do not necessarily need to support Harnniann. I am sure even a secondary school student can understand this concept.

But having said that, I am sure Lee Chong Wei is not the only one who got this concept mixed up. Since BN has been the government for more than 50 years, a lot of Malaysians were misled into thinking that BN is the government. Today, the reason BN is the government is because we people vote them in, if one day BN is abandoned by the people (maybe it has already happened), BN will no longer be the government. So, Lee Chong Wei, please get this right: campaigning for BN is not “serving the country”; just like bodeking Harnniann is not supporting the Drama Club.

I am really disappointed and saddened. Why must our badminton players always be used like a puppet? Before that, our badminton doubles were “invited” to play in Machap by-election.

I supported our Malaysian badminton team. I have said in this blog before, when our team played against the Chinese team, I supported our team all the way.

But now, I have to reconsider.



.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cruel Angel said...

HE is a whore!!!

6 March 2008 at 20:29  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter