Thursday, July 10, 2008

Spot a Liar

Weather: Fair

Temperature: 33c


I have seen many liars during my not-so-long legal practice. Most of the liars were my own clients. Initially, they would not be honest to their lawyer. Instinctively, they would want to cover up or twist parts of their stories. My high school teacher said, we should not lie to a priest, a doctor and a lawyer. That makes sense. How could a priest, a doctor or a lawyer help us if we were to tell lies?

Anyway, I do not blame my clients. It is only natural for someone to turn on his/her defensive mechanism when faced with a stranger. As long as I do not gain my clients’ trust, they would not be truthful to me.

Therefore, it is part of my job to tell whether or not a client is lying. For example, some would tell me, and expect me to believe, that they woke up 1 day and decided to divorce their husbands; but what they did not tell was that they were seeing some other guys. Some would say that they were being wrongly sued; however, the truth was they had received the goods but had difficulty paying for them because of cash flow problem.

Some lies are easy to spot; while some are not that easy. Some liars are easy to identify. You can tell from their expressions, tone, body language etc. Do you want to know how easy is it to identify a liar? Look at the pictures below and tell me who is telling the truth.

“Najib had sex with that lady…”


“Najib DID NOT have sex with that lady…”



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter