Monday, March 17, 2008

Roller Blade to Work!

Weather: Cloudy
Temperature: 11 c

I am not going to write about Malaysian politics, at least not for now. My dreams of hopes, expectations and excitements have been turned into dreams of frustrations, disappointments and despairs.

Based on what had happened to date, the Barisan Rakyat has failed to convince the people that they are indeed a better alternative to the corrupted and incompetent BN government. This very loose coalition of PKR, DAP, and PAS really makes their supporters wonder whether they are ready to run a government, or they are only good at throwing rhetoric assaults at the government.

My friend Saudara Teng Chang Khim, despite being the opposition leader in the state assembly for the previous term, may not even be appointed a state exco. Is DAP serious in retaining its talented and capable leaders? Is DAP practicing favoritism? Further, Lim Kit Siang has problem accepting a PAS MB in Perak and had openly instructed the DAP state assemblymen to boycott the swearing-in ceremony. He must have been in the opposition for too long that he thought he must oppose to everything under the sun. Just when the people expect PKR, DAP and PAS to unite under one umbrella to join their forces in giving BN hell, this is what PKR, DAP and PAS offer to the people. What a shame.

Until and unless the dust is settled, I will not bother to read and write about Malaysian politics – it is just too heartbreaking.

On a separate note, I would like to share about something lighter.

Every day, I have to walk about 20 minutes to office. While it is healthy to walk every morning, I always think of getting myself a bicycle. But the problem with cycling to work is I would have to figure out where to park my bicycle, both at office and home. Further, my colleagues told me that my bicycle would likely be stolen in the first few weeks.

Yesterday, I thought of an alternative; please don’t fall off your chair: I will roller blade to work! Yes, roller blade! I have never used a roller blade before. So, I bought the cheapest roller blade at Carrefour (RMB99, come with knee and elbow protector) and started my training this morning at my apartment's compound.

It was not that bad, and I was proven to be a fast learner. Within half an hour, I was able to perform simple moves. Emm… I will keep on training. Once I can master the speed, balance and maneuver, I will roller blade to work. Wow!

I am not sure whether my quality of life in Shanghai has been degraded. In Klang, I drove to office; in Shanghai, I would need to roller blade. But one thing for sure: roller blade is cooler and fun!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niann,

Did u check with your bro in rgds to the items I send him.

Cheers !!!
Er Yee
Penang

17 March 2008 at 23:50  
Blogger 凯文 said...

Niann

Looks like you are living my dreams in Shanghai!

Deep down in my heart, YOU ARE REALLY MY SUPERSTAR!!!

Kaiwen

3 May 2008 at 15:32  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter