Thursday, March 20, 2008

A small world

Weather: Fair

Temperature: 10 c


Before I came to Shanghai, I paid a visit to YB Teng Chang Khim. He told me that the world is very small, so I should not feel like I was going to some place far away. Yes, he was right – the world is really small.

This morning, I received a call. When I pressed the answer button, the other side shouted “Toh!”. I was shocked. The caller ID showed that it was an oversea call, so I thought it must be my father. But my father would not call me “Toh” because he himself is also a “Toh”.

I slowly answered “yes?”

“Silas ar…” Silas? My master Silas? The master that gave me hell during my chambering? The master that taught me everything I need to know to survive in this vicious legal practice? Silas to me is like what Master Yoda is to Luke Skywalker.

It turned out it was indeed my master, Silas. He is in Shanghai! Since today (March 20th) is a public holiday for Malaysia (Prophet’s Birthday), he thought I would be on holiday too. So sorry I had to be stuck in my office until 6pm, I told him. We nevertheless promised to have dinner together after working hour.

At 6.30pm, though the work is still flowing in like a broken fire hydrant, I quickly switched off my computer and rushed to my master’s hotel, which is about 20 minutes walk from my office.

Never had I imagined seeing Silas in Shanghai. But since the world is so small, I won’t be surprised if one way, if I see my grandparents, my parents, my friends, or even Sammy Vellu in Shanghai.

It is such a small world.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lai Kuan is the lawyer i've met in Shah Alam's court right? Say hi to her for me if u have the chance next time.

^^

27 March 2008 at 13:52  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Counter